Are you a regular or even a one-in-awhile shopper at Amazon.com? Did you know that Amazon has a new program that allows you to designate a small portion of your purchase to the charity of your choice?
Here’s a great way to help the North Port Art Center as you place your Amazon orders. The new program is called “Amazon Smile.” When you designate a particular non-profit, Amazon will donate 0.5 percent of your purchase to that charity.
To shop at Amazon Smile simply go to smile.amazon.com from the web browser on your computer or mobile device. If you are already an Amazon.com shopper, you’ll be directed to select a charity, and of course we hope you’ll select the North Port Art Center.
And every time you shop on Amazon, go to the above link to begin. All your current settings remain the same on Amazon Smile as on your regular account. But a little portion of your purchase will be directed to the Art Center.
And while 0.5 percent is a small amount, these days every little bit helps!
For a complete description of the Amazon Smile program, click HERE.
The new fall schedule is now available. Take a look and try something new. Download your copy.
There is a few openings for this week….don’t miss out! This is what the campers will be doing for week 1 (June 16-20)
Judy Cowan Lee – German castles (culture/mixed media)
Clare Harvey – Marionette Puppets (air dry clay)
Crystal Diff – Antoni Gaudi mosaic houses (mixed media)
Clare Harvey -Faux Batik (cloth painting technique)
Crystal Diff – Exploring 3-D forms with tinfoil & masking tape (sculpture)
Clare Harvey – Oil Pastel paintings, Cezanne Still-Life
Crystal Diff – Ancient Egyptian motif collars (mixed media)
Clare Harvey – Paper Making
Crystal Diff – Piet Mondrian De Stijl paintings
Clare Harvey – Scrolls (drawing)
Call the art center at 941.423.6460 to register or register online. You DO NOT need to be a member for your child to have this opportunity!
NPAC artists are showing their work in a variety of venues around North Port. Here’s a quick rundown of the artists and the locations:
- Paintings by Judith Cowan Lee and Karl Goudy are at North Port City Hall, 4970 City Hall Boulevard. Through June.
- Photography by Leah Slosberg is on display at the North Port Area Chamber of Commerce, 15141 Tamiami Trail. Through July.
- Paintings by Clare Harvey can be viewed at the North Port Senior Center, 4940 Pan American Boulevard. Through June,
- Art by Crystal Diff is being shown at the office of Dr. Gregory Smith, North Port Chiropractic, 1361 South Sumter Boulevard (Publix Plaza). Through July.
- Paintings by Eileen Nail are on display at the North Port branch of BB&T bank, 1299 Sumter Boulevard. Through July.
- Watercolors by Nancy Morris and Kathleen Byrne are on display through July in the Juliano Room of the North Port Library, 13800 Tamiami Trail.
If you would like the opportunity to show your work at some of these venues at a future time, please contact Barry Thorne or Clare Harvey, co-chairs, Art in Public Places Committee, 941-423-6460.